Thursday, April 7, 2016

Gallery Artist Alex Webb Interviewed by The Guardian About His Best Photograph

Children in Tehuantepec, Mexico, 1985 © Alex Webb / Magnum Photos /
Courtesy of Stephen Bulger Gallery 

Ben Beaumont-Thomas of The Guardian interviewed Alex Webb revealing his best photograph, Mexican children playing in a courtyard, and the impact it has had on his career as a photographer.

"I never know when a picture will work. With this one, I was hopeful but uncertain. The slow shutter speed that I used made the ball look like a spinning globe; the image took on a whole other dimension that I was unaware of when I took it. I love the notion that this boy in a little town in southern Mexico seems to have the world spinning on his fingertip." - The Guardian, April 2016

To read the complete article please visit: www.theguardian.com

Alex Webb's artist page: www.bulgergallery.com
 

No comments: