Saturday, July 18, 2009

Chicago Architecture Foundation. Robert Burley, O'Hare Project.

The Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public interest and education in architecture and design. CAF presents a comprehensive program of tours, exhibitions, lectures, special events, and adult and youth education activities, all designed to enhance the public’s awareness and appreciation of Chicago’s outstanding architectural legacy.

Visit the Program Archive to download podcasts and slideshows including Robert Burley's Airport as Landscape

As a graduate student at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Robert Burley spent four years (1984–89) investigating the uncharted urban landscape of O’Hare airport with a large format camera. Burley gives an illustrated lecture on his photographic work featured in CAF’s exhibition: ORD: Documenting the Definitive Modern Airport.


For more information please visit
http://www.architecture.org/programarchive.html

1 comment:

dayana said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Margaret

http://grantsforeducation.info